Examination Pattern (KAS)
KAS Exam is conducted by KPSC (Karnataka Public Service Commission). It is called as Gazetted Probationary Exams Group – A & B. It includes services like AC(Revenue), DySP, ACCT, AC (SAD), CTO, TAHSILDAR, DSW Etc.
PRELIMANARY EXAMINATION [Multiple Choice Questions]
- PAPER 1- GENERAL STUDIES----200 Marks.
- PAPER 2- GENERAL STUDIES Including mental ability----200 Marks.
- Total Marks ----400 Marks.
- Negative marking for incorrect answers(0.25 % or 0.25) marks will be deducted from total marks of that question with your total correct marks
MAIN EXAMINATION [Descriptive type]
- Essay ---250 Marks.
- General studies -4 Papers 250 marks each --- 1000 Marks.
- Optional consisting of 2 Papers 250 marks each 500 Marks.
- Total Marks ---- 1750 marks.
- Compulsory English and any Kannada Papers of 150 Marks each.
[Descriptive type] of answers for Essay, GS & Optional]
It consists of:
- INTERVIEW -- --200Marks.
- Final results would be announced on the basis of marks obtained in mains plus interview.
- Mains Total 1750 Marks.
- Grand Total 1950 Marks.
Prelimary Examination (Objective type)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Humanities – History of India-Emphasis shall be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka.
- World Geography of India with a focus on Karnataka.
- Indian polity and economy, including the country’s political system rural development, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- Current events of state importance and important state Govtprogrammes.
- General science and Technology, Environment & Ecology- contemporary developments in science & technology and their implications including matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of a well-educated persons who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline, general issues on health, environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change-that do not require subject specialization.
- General Mental Ability – Comprehension Logical reasoning and Analytical ability Decision making, problem solving Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations order of magnitude etc.) and data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. (Class X / SSLC Level).
Main Examination (KAS)
The written examination will consist of the following papers.
|Paper - I|| Paper I : Essays Two Essays (in Kannada/ English)|
Essay-1 ; Topic of International National Importance.
Essay-2 ; Topic of State Importance/ Local Importance.
|Paper - II||General Studies - I||Paper II : General Studies 1||250|
|Paper - III||General Studies - II||Papers III : General Studies 2||250|
|Paper - IV||General Studies - III||Papers IV : General Studies 3||250|
|Paper - V||General Studies - IV||Papers V : General Studies 4||250|
|Paper - VI||Optional Subject||Paper – I||250|
|Paper - VII||Optional Subject||Paper – II||250|
|Sub Total (Written Test)||1750|
Apart from this there will be papers on English and Kannada language, 150 marks each. But these will be only of qualifying nature. Their marks will not be counted in final analysis.
|Medical Science||Civil Engineering||Philosophy|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Physics||Rural Development|
|Politic Science & International Relations||Economics||Psychology|
|Electrical Engineering||Public Administration||Geography|
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Management_|
- The candidates will be interviewed by a Board who has before them a record of his/ her career. He / She will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidates for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his / her intellectual quality but also social traits his/ her interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judgment, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination but of a natural, thought directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidates.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialized or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers. Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which re happening around them both within and outside their own state or country was well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should rouse the curiosity of well-educated youth.
Prelims cum Mains : Rs. 79,999/-
Bank PO Exam Structure
SSC (Combined Graduate level)
SSC (Higher Graduate level)
Our KAS Batches
Bank Batch Timings
GET IN TOUCH
#37, 1st Floor, Next to SBI, CBI Main Road, Ganganagar, Bangalore-24, Karnataka